The first #CelebrateTheFens day will be taking place on 20th June 2020.
We’re asking people and organistions of the Fens to do their “thing” to promote the fens. This could be anything from holding an event, camping, writing a poem, putting a photo on social media or leading/joining a tour. The ideas can be endless, but we ask you to consider our values of promoting and exploring the fens through heritage, nature, creativity, wellbeng and accessibility.
If you would like to hold an event in the Fens to “Celebrate the Fens” please email us and we’ll send you a registration form email@example.com
The concept of Celebrate The Fens day started when we (Fascinating Fens) asked our followers if they believed it to be a good idea to have a celebrate the fens day, we had an overwhelming response to say “Yes”. This date has been decided, after several great suggestions, as the longest day gives people longer in the day to admire the beauty of our fascinating fens. More details to be realised soon.
If you would like to sponsor the event, please also get in touch with us. this would enable us to be able to promote the event even more.
Previous Fascinating Fens Events:
- 2019 Colour me in Christmas cards: The new designs feature a robin in front of well known fen buildings.
- Soham Pumpkin fair: Kids Colouring competition: Fascinating fens are proud to provide a colouring competition sheet for the Soham pumpkin fair 2019, which features the Soham train station and Muscovy the duck and Eeli the eel
- Launch of Muscovy and Eeli’s book 2: Eeli’s Eel Day, was launched on Eel day 2019.
- Madhatters Campsite Ely: Grand Opening. Monday 27th May 2019.
- Fascinating Fens Colour me in Easter cards
- launch of Free Muscovy and Eeli colouring card/ map/ bookmark: these are still available from the train station leaflet stand.
- Babylon eel workshop: Fascinating Fens enjoyed helping to repair the eel for the parade
- Draw the fens: 23rd March 2-4pm, Outside Oliver Cromwell’s house, Ely. Free informal event. A chance for people who like drawing to get together and draw this historic venue. We’re hoping to do other buildings in the Fens in the future, so follow our blog, website, twitter or facebook to stay updated.
- Christmas 2018 colour me in Christmas cards: Bundles of colour me in Muscovy and Eeli Christmas cards were given out to groups and organisations December 2018, including: Ely Rainbows, Ely library, Ely Tourist information and Re-imagine.
- Prickwillow Ploughing festival: A chance to meet the author of “Muscovy and Eeli”, and get a signed book. The puzzle colouring book to accompany the series, will also be launched on this day.
- Karen Merrison reads part of “Muscovy and Eeli: explore Ely” at story time at Wisbech Library, 15th September 2018.