As Downham Market is sometimes known as the Gingerbread Town, Fascinating Fens is bringing the first Gingerbread Festival to the town on 19th November 2022, 2-4pm, at Discover Downham.
So, if you love Ginger and gingerbread, this is the festival for you
What will be at the festival?
- The launch of Discover Downham self-guided walk ‘The Gingerbread Town’, available to pick up and explore the town.
- gingerbread themed craft/gift stalls including: ‘Downham Gingerbread’, ‘Fascinating Fens’ merchandise including our fen calendars, perfect for Christmas gift shopping
- the Gingerbread Town display, featuring the Downham clock and competition entries of houses and gingerbread people.
- 1.30pm: Competition entries can be brought to Discover Downham
- 2pm: Gingerbread Festival opens
- 3pm: judging of the competitions
- 4pm: Gingerbread Festival closes, please collect any competition entries.
What competitions will there be?
- Poster colouring decoration competition: children
- Poster colouring decoration competetion: adults
- The Most Charming Gingerbread person biscuit competition: adults
- The best decorated Gingerbread person biscuit competiton: children
- The best decorated ginerbread house: adults
- The best decorated gingerbread house: children
Please see the guidelines for all of the competitions here, including the poster which can be downloaded and printed….
Can I help at the festival?
Yes please, we’d love to have helpers. Help can include putting up posters, setting up and packing away, refreshments, running our tombola, and much more.
If you are interested in having a festive craft stall, please also get in touch.
- Free parking is available next to Discover Downham
- Free to enter