A huge thank you to everyone who gets involved with this project. In 2020, we first asked our followers to enter photos of The Fens to make a community collaboration calendar. We were overwhelmed to receive over 60 entries featuring the beauty of The Fens across the seasons. The project has continued each year since, in 2021 we had 74 entries and last year we had 96 entries.
Also, a huge thank you to everyone who purchased a calendar either for themselves or as a gift for someone else. Any profit from the sale of the calendar goes towards fascinating fens projects for the community such as celebrate the fens day and Fen Folks Fridays, helping to pay for website and use of zoom.
On June 1st 2023, we will launch the competition again, and it will finish 18th June 2023, at the end of Celebrate the Fens weekend. If you wish to enter please see below for the guidelines:
- We are looking for images that really capture the beauty of the fens, you can interpret this how you wish. Also that capture the changing seasons and months.
- Entries can be received from 1st June 2023, and the closing date is the 18th June 2023.
- Please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your full name, place it was taken and the time of year it was taken. Please do not include your name or logo on your photo, as the competition will be judged anonymously.
- You’re welcome to send up to three photos.
- The photo must be of a good definition, at least 200dpi, which will help when printing the image.
- The photo must have been taken by you (it must be your own work).
- It is open to amateurs and professionals.
- The photo must be taken in The Fens of either Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Suffolk. We are looking for a variety of locations in The Fens (to give you an idea of the percentage of submissions by county last year: approx 58% Cambs, 35% Lincs, 5% Norfolk, 2% Suffolk, but the calendar itself showed a fairer mix across the county’s)
- The photo can include: buildings, places, landscapes, townscapes, nature, fen animals, waterways, aerial views, farming or traditions. Please do not include personal affects that could identify individuals such as close up of peoples faces, business names or full facing car registration plates.
- Winners will be notified by email by the beginning of July, anyone who has their photo chosen will receive a free fen 2024 calendar.
- All profits from the sale of the calendars, go towards fascinating fens community projects such as Fen Folks Fridays and the Fen Memory Box. The calendars will be available for sale from July 2023, but can be pre-ordered from May from our online shop. The calendars will also be available for purchase from our stall at community events and from the following shops: Wisbech Community Hub, Chatteris Concessions and Soham Bookshop.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and for getting involved in this project. Good luck.
Great opportunities to buy a gift or souvenir of the fens.