In 2020, we asked our followers to get involved and enter photos of the fens to make a community collaboration calendar. We were overwhelmed to receive over 60 entries featuring the beauty of the fens across the seasons. Also, a huge thank you to everyone who purchased a calendar either for themselves or as a gift for someone else.
In June 2021, we will launch the competition again, on Celebrate the Fens day 19th June. If you wish to enter please see below for the guidelines:
- We are looking for images that really capture the beauty of the fens, you can interpret this how you wish. Also that capture the changing seasons and months.
- Entries can be received from 19th June 2021, and the closing date is the 20th July 2021.
- Please email your entry to email@example.com, and include your full name, place it was taken and the time of year it was taken. Please do not include your name on your photo, as the competition will be judged anonymously.
- You’re welcome to send up to three photos.
- The photo must be of a good definition, at least 200dpi, which will help when printing the image.
- The photo must have been taken by you (it must be your own work).
- It is open to amateurs and professionals.
- The photo must be taken in the fens of either Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire or Suffolk. We are looking for a variety of locations in the fens.
- The photo can include: buildings, places, landscapes, nature, waterways, aerial views, farming or traditions. Please do not include personal affects that could identify individuals such as close up of peoples faces or full facing car registration plates.
- Winners will be notified by email at the beginning of August, anyone who has their photo chosen will receive a free fen 2022 calendar.
- All profits from the sale of the calendars, go towards fascinating fens community projects such as Fen Folks Fridays and the Fen Memory Box.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and for getting involved in this project. Good luck.
Great opportunities to buy a gift or souvenir of the fens.